Fifteen Positions Available for the Annual Town Election

Published January 29, 2019 | Town Clerk | Automatically Archived on 1/31/2019

This Post has been archived and it's content might be outdated. If you are looking for recent content please check this Department's Homepage

Annual Town Election

The 2019 Annual Town Election will be held on Monday, March 25. Candidate’s packets are now available at the Town Clerk’s Office. The last day to file intentions to run for office and to pick up a nomination packet is Wednesday, January 30.

Here is the Annual Town Election/Meeting schedule including dates and deadlines. Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at [email protected] or 978-639-3351 with questions.

The following fifteen positions will be included on the ballot:

For Three Years:

Two members of the Board of Selectmen

One member of the Board of Assessors

Two Goodnow Library Trustees

One member of the Board of Health

Two members of the Park and Recreation Commission

Two members of the Planning Board

One member of the Sudbury School Committee

For Five Years:

One member of the Sudbury Housing Authority

Included as part of the Annual Town Election will be an election of two members for three years to the Lincoln-Sudbury Regional School Committee and one member for one year to complete a term created by a vacancy.

To file intentions to run for Lincoln-Sudbury Regional School Committee, please contact:

Donna Cakert, Registrar

Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School

390 Lincoln Road

Sudbury, MA 01776

978-443-9961 X2334


Click here to view the How to Run for Office Workshop.

Voter Registration

Tuesday, March 5th is the deadline for registering to vote at the Annual Town Election. Voter registration is available each weekday at the Town Clerk’s office, as well as at the Special Registration Session on Tuesday, March 5th, when the office will be open from 8:30 AM – 8:00 PM.

Click here for additional information and opportunities for registration: How to register to vote in Massachusetts

In Massachusetts, residents need to register only once unless they move. If a voter moves within the Commonwealth, the voter is required to re-register in the new community. When a voter moves within Town, written notification of the voter change of residence must be filed with the Town Clerk’s office.

Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at [email protected] or 978-639-3351 with questions.


Email this Post
Content Shortlink
Back to Town Clerk