Annual Town Election
The 2020 Annual Town Election will be held on Monday, March 30. Candidate’s packets are now available at the Town Clerk’s Office. The last day to file intentions to run for office and to pick up a nomination packet is Thursday, February 6. Completed nomination papers are due back to the Town Clerk’s Office by Monday, February 10th.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at [email protected] or 978-639-3351 with questions regarding the Annual Town Election/Meeting schedule .
The following positions will be included on the ballot:
For Three Years:
- One member of the Board of Selectmen
- One member of the Board of Assessors
- Two Goodnow Library Trustees
- One member of the Board of Health
- One member of the Park and Recreation Commission
- One member of the Planning Board
- Two members of the Sudbury School Committee
For One Year:
- One Member of the Planning Board to fill a vacancy for one year
- Included as part of the Annual Town Election will be an election of two members for three years to the Lincoln-Sudbury Regional School Committee
To file intentions to run for Lincoln-Sudbury Regional School Committee, please contact:
Donna Cakert, Registrar
Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School
390 Lincoln Road
Sudbury, MA 01776
Click here to view the How to Run for Office Workshop.
Tuesday, March 10th is the deadline for registering to vote at the Annual Town Election. Voter registration is available each weekday at the Town Clerk’s office, as well as at the Special Registration Session on Tuesday, March 10th, when the office will be open from 8:30 AM – 8:00 PM.
Click here for additional information and opportunities for registration: How to register to vote in Massachusetts.
In Massachusetts, residents need to register only once unless they move. If a voter moves within the Commonwealth, the voter is required to re-register in the new community. When a voter moves within Town, written notification of the voter change of residence must be filed with the Town Clerk’s office.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at [email protected] or 978-639-3351 with questions.