2019 Pavement Management Program
Sign up for emergency notifications at https://sudbury.ma.us/R911
UPDATE 5/7/19: The final top course is being applied in the Richard/ Lillian/ Sexton/Allene/Allan neighborhood.
UPDATE 4/3/19: Today, we are paving a leveling course on the Richard/ Lillian/ Sexton/Allene/Allan neighborhood. Weather permitting Monday casting adjustment Tuesday final top course.
The Sudbury Public Works Department is implementing its 2019 Pavement Management Program. The program will use industry-leading methods to assure the work is completed as efficiently as possible and that the road surface improvements last for many years.
During the process, we aim to produce the least disruption possible to drivers and residents.
IMPORTANT FOR DRIVERS & RESIDENTS:
- Timeframe: Beginning April 22, 2019 and continuing throughout the spring and summer.
- Morning Work: Roadwork starts at 7:00AM and may continue into the evening hours as needed.
- Night Work: Working at night makes it possible to keep roads open during the day to allow normal traffic flow. However, night work, which is performed between 8:00PM – 3:00AM, may be disruptive at times.
- Driveway Access: There may be times when access to private residential driveways is restricted and you may not be able to pull into your driveway until road work has passed.
- Work Crews: It is crucial that vehicles and pedestrians please follow all signs and observe traffic control crew instructions to avoid damages to the road work as well as your vehicle.
- Emergency Notifications: To receive notifications regarding road work and closures, please sign up at: https://sudbury.ma.us/R911
Schedules are subject to change due to unforeseen conditions that are out of the control of the Public Works Department including weather, equipment-related issues and other contractor commitments. Additional work may be added or work limits may be altered as budgets and construction season allows. Thank you for your patience during this process.
Subject to Change