The Hosmer House will host its annual Open House on the weekends of December 2nd & 3rd and December 9th & 10th, 2017.
This year’s theme is “Florence Hosmer Through the Decades: 1880 – 1979.” The theme celebrates the many cultural, local and world changes that Sudbury’s noted artist Florence Hosmer experienced throughout her long lifetime.
Numerous Sudbury clubs and nonprofit organizations will decorate the house with a remembrance of Florence Hosmer’s life against the backdrop of her artwork.
The individual groups and titles for this year include:
- The Sudbury Villagers (Movies During Florence’s Lifetime),
- Hosmer House Docents (Art Fun, Interactive Children Activities),
- Janice Milley, Gold Star Mother (Gold Star Family Tree),
- Sudbury Garden Club (Fashion Through the Decades),
- Parmenter Foundation (Shirley Temple),
- Sudbury Girl Scouts (Children’s Toys and Books Through the Decades),
- Thursday Garden Club (Florence During the War Years),
- The Sudbury Historical Society (The Art of Conversation),
- The Daughters of the American Revolution (Women Get the Vote),
- Sudbury Valley Trustees (Nature and the Environment).
The Sudbury Boy Scouts will once again generously donate a tree from their Holiday Tree sale, which will be on display at the back patio for all to view and enjoy.
The Hosmer Holiday Open House is open both Saturdays and Sundays from 11:00 am until 4:00 pm. Admission is free; donations at the door are welcome.
Holiday gifts for purchase, including homemade gingerbread men and holiday candy, will be available at the Hosmer Holiday Store. All proceeds from the store and donations go to fund Hosmer House restoration, activities and events.
The Hosmer House is located at 299 Old Sudbury Road in Sudbury Center at the traffic lights intersecting route 27 and Concord Road. Free parking is available behind Town Hall.
Please join the Sudbury Historical Commission in celebrating the holiday with complimentary refreshments and holiday cheer.