An interactive Adopt a Hydrant map was created to assist residents with locating hydrants near their properties. The process of adopting a hydrant allows residents to be responsible for keeping their chosen hydrant clear throughout the winter season. There are over 1,000 hydrants in Sudbury and each one is potentially vital in the event of an emergency.
Adopting a hydrant is as simple as these easy steps:
- Adopt a Hydrant map is located at https://sudbury.ma.us/mapsonline/hydrants.
- Under Adopting a Hydrant start entering your street and click on the Street Name when it appears below the text box.
- Then start entering your street number in the space provided and click on the Street Number when it appears below the text box.
- The map will then zoom to the address location.
- Click on the Adopt a Hydrant button and then click any RED hydrant to adopt it.
- Enter your information in the pop-up form and click “Update“
Please be careful and aware of roadway traffic and thank you for volunteering to keep our neighborhoods safe!