Friends of Sudbury Seniors
The Sudbury Senior Center supports people aged 60 and older and their families through:
- Advocacy: We work for legislation to lighten the property tax burden for seniors, and provide supports for independence.
- Programs: We offer a wide range of programs to entertain, educate, foster healthy aging, and promote creativity.
- Information and Resources: We keep up-to-date on the latest services for seniors, and provide individualized consultations for seniors and their families, in our office or in their homes.
- Community service: Through our volunteer programs like FISH, and Friendly Visitors, we offer seniors a chance to both give and receive service at no cost.
In recent years, the Friends of Sudbury Seniors have provided a significant source of support to the Sudbury Senior Center.
Recent projects have included:
- Purchasing tables for the use of the Senior Center and Park and Rec.
- Purchasing a state of the art projection system for use in showing movies and presentations.
- Paying for the mailing of the Sudbury Senior Scene newsletter
- Purchasing new chairs for the Sudbury Senior Center
- Honoring our dedicated crew of volunteers with a special Volunteer Luncheon
If you would like to . . .
- Help set priorities for the Sudbury Senior Center
- Take an active part in setting goals and accomplishing them
- Have a real voice in improving services for Sudbury seniors
The Friends invite you to become an active member!
Our congenial group meets the fourth Thursday of each month at 3:00 at the Sudbury Senior Center.
We discuss the needs of the Senior Center and of Sudbury seniors, consider the benefits and costs of proposed projects, decide which projects should receive priority for funding, and track the outcome of ongoing work.
Anyone can be a Friend!
Friends of Sudbury Seniors come from all age groups, and there is no need to be a Sudbury resident to join. All you need is an interest in the doings of the Senior Center, and a desire to support its activities.
The Friends conduct an annual direct mail fundraising campaign in the fall, asking for donations to help improve the Senior Center and its services. All donors are entitled to receive 11 issues of the Sudbury Senior Scene at no additional charge.