Full FAQ Details

If I move from Sudbury to another municipality in Massachusetts, to which community do I pay my bill?


First and foremost, notify the Registry of Motor Vehicles, as soon as you move http://www.mass.gov/rmv/  and effectuate your change of address. Excise in Massachusetts is not prorated based on moving from one town to another. You pay one city or town a year. It is whichever the vehicle was being registered from on January 1st, or in the case of a newly registered vehicle, on the date of registration. Unlike insurance excise rates do not vary throughout the state. If you are billed from the incorrect community, call the Assessors Office in that community, and ask what is required in terms of getting the bill corrected.

Email this Article
Back to Assessors Office

Subscribe Subscribe to Email Lists