Full FAQ Details

What should I do if I think my assessment is too high?


Request a copy of your property record card from the Assessors Office. The card will show the data relating to the assessment of the property. If the description on the record card is accurate, yet you would like to request a formal review of the value, an application for abatement needs to be filed. Likewise, if there is an error in the assessment data, an application for abatement needs to be filed. There is a very specific and limited window for appealing assessed values. Applications for abatement are due within 30 days of the mailing of the actual tax bill. The applications are available at the Assessors Office, as well as on line (please see downloadable documents section State Tax Form 128). The actual tax bill is typically the 3rd quarter bill. As always, if there is any doubt as to filing deadlines ask!!! We have a very well informed, knowledgeable staff, ready to assist you, 978-639-3393.

Email this Article
Back to Assessors Office

Subscribe Subscribe to Email Lists