Full FAQ Details

What is the procedure for requesting the installation of traffic lights, street signs and/or crosswalks in town?


Contact the Traffic Safety Coordinating Committee in writing via e-mail, webmaster@sudbury.ma.us. Be sure to include a description of any issues leading to the request (i.e. any dangerous curves, reoccurring accidents, unsafe pedestrian activity), specify the location along the road, and provide details about any support for the request from other Sudbury residents.

The Traffic Safety Committee meets approximately every other month, and discusses the petitions received by their meeting date. Residents are notified by email of the committee’s recommendations.

The Traffic Safety Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Selectmen on resident requests. If residents are not satisfied with the recommendations of the committee, they can request to discuss the issue directly with the Selectmen at a regularly scheduled meeting.

Email this Article
Back to Traffic Safety Coordinating Committee

Subscribe Subscribe to Email Lists