The following projects were approved at the 2007 Annual Town Meeting. All expenditures come from the Community Preservation Act fund.
Passed by Town Meeting Vote:
1) 2007 ATM Town Center -$30,000 from Historic Preservation/Open Space/Recreation categories.
2) 2007 ATM Rail Trail Proposals (3)– Bruce Freeman Rail Trail Development Related Projects. $145,000 total from the Recreation category.
3) 2007 ATM Housing Trust Allocation – $385,000 from the Housing category.
4) 2007 ATM Carding Mill House Restoration – $25,000 from the Historic Reserves category. This proposal was revised from its original submission to reduce the amount of work (and the cost) to those items which make the structure weather-proof and vandal proof, and to conduct architectural and engineering studies as a planning base for future use of the property. The CPC held off on funding extensive improvements on the house until a plausible use is determined.
5) Amendment to 2005 Annual Town Meeting Article 42 authorizing the expenditure of $500,000 for the purchase of permanent, affordable restrictions on housing units, by 1) extending the time restrictions cited therein by one year each, and by 2) authorizing the purchase of “no less than three additional units of housing” rather than limiting purchases to ∩┐╜an amount not to exceed $100,000 per unit of housing”.
2007 ATM Johnson land Acquisition (189 Landham Road) – Purchase of land for Housing and Open Space.
The projects can be viewed and downloaded by clicking the above links, or copies can be obtained at the Planning and Community Development Department, 978-638-3387.