Full FAQ Details

If I move out of state, do I still owe the bill?


The bill should in most cases be paid as issued. Once you have re-registered your vehicle in the new state and cancelled your Mass. registration http://www.massdot.state.ma.us/rmv/  you should apply for an abatement with our Office, a refund will then follow. The documentation to be provided should be: a photocopy of the registration in the new state, and a copy of your Mass. plate return receipt. The documentation should be mailed to: Town of Sudbury, Assessors Office, 278 Old Sudbury Rd., Sudbury, Mass. 01776, or faxed to 978-639-3314. 

Email this Article
Back to Assessors Office

Subscribe Subscribe to Email Lists