The Sudbury Public Works Department is implementing its 2020 Pavement Management Program. The program will use industry-leading methods to assure the work is completed as efficiently as possible and that the road surface improvements last for many years.
During the process, we aim to produce the least disruption possible to drivers and residents.
Paving 5/12: Dudley Rd (Odd Address side from Nobscot Rd to Rt. 20) & Horse Pond Rd (Odd Address side from Rt. 20 to Peakham Rd).
- Paving will start on Dudley Rd @ Nobscot Rd. Road closed to thru traffic on this road. Residential traffic can also follow one-way traffic with trucks exiting at Rt. 20. Once odd side of Dudley Rd is paved and has cooled off, we can open the road two ways to normal traffic.
- Paving will then continue on Horse Pond Rd @ Rt. 20. Paving will also be on the odd side of Horse Pond Rd. (Horse Pond Road closed to thru traffic. Residential traffic can also follow one-way traffic with trucks entering from Rt.20.)
Paving 5/13: Dudley Rd (Even Address side from Nobscot Rd. to Rt. 20) & Horse Pond Rd (Even side from Rt. 20 to the intersection of Peakham Rd, Pratts Mill Rd & Horse Pond Rd).
- Paving will start at Dudley Rd, paving the even side of the street from Nobscot Rd to Rt.20.
- After Dudley Rd is complete, the paving will resume on Horse Pond Rd, (even side from Rt.20 to the intersection of Peakham Rd, Pratts Mill Rd & Horse Pond Rd).
Paving 5/14: Paving the neighborhood of Homestead St, Colonial Rd, Drum Ln & Demarco Rd.
IMPORTANT FOR DRIVERS & RESIDENTS:
- Timeframe: Beginning May 5, 2020 and continuing throughout the spring and summer.
- Morning Work: Roadwork starts at 7:00AM and may continue into the evening hours as needed.
- Night Work: Working at night makes it possible to keep roads open during the day to allow normal traffic flow. However, night work, which is performed between 8:00PM – 3:00AM, may be disruptive at times.
- Driveway Access: There may be times when access to private residential driveways is restricted and you may not be able to pull into your driveway until road work has passed.
- Work Crews: It is crucial that vehicles and pedestrians please follow all signs and observe traffic control crew instructions to avoid damages to the road work as well as your vehicle.
- Emergency Notifications: To receive notifications regarding road work and closures, please sign up at: https://sudbury.ma.us/R911
Schedules are subject to change due to unforeseen conditions that are out of the control of the Public Works Department including weather, equipment-related issues and other contractor commitments. Additional work may be added or work limits may be altered as budgets and construction season allows. Thank you for your patience during this process.
Subject to Change