New Construction – 2 BR & 3BR affordable homeownership Condominium Units at Pine Hill Village in Harvard, MA.
* 1 Unit AVAILABLE NOW and 3 Units COMING in 2024 *
The key milestones for this housing opportunity:
- Application Period opens Monday, November 13, 2023
- Information Session Monday, December 18, 2023 at 7PM
- Application Deadline Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 1PM
- Lottery Thursday, January 25, 2024 at 11AM, via online meeting
– details for joining meeting provided to eligible applicants via email
The Pine Hill Village, Harvard development was approved by the Harvard Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) on October 30, 2008. The project is located on Stow Road in the Town of Harvard, Massachusetts. The site is 20.5 acres, and the project consists of 23 units, of which 6 will be affordable. The application package has details regarding the affordable units.
The specific units are: 2BR: 6A and 9C (triplex). 3BR: 9A and 16B (duplex)
- Unit 6A is a 2BR unit in the Tavern unit style, with 943 sq ft on two floors with the common living area on the first floor, and two bedrooms and 1 full bath on the second floor. Ready w/ Occupancy permit
- Unit 9C is a 2BR unit in the Greek Revival style triplex, with 814 sq ft on two floors with two bedrooms and 1 full bath on the second floor and the common living areas downstairs. Anticipate completion by end of June 2024
- Unit 9A is a 3BR unit in the Greek Revival style triplex, with 1034 sq ft on two floors with two bedrooms and 1 full bath on the second floor, and the master bedroom and common living areas downstairs. Anticipate completion by end of June 2024
- Unit 16B is a 3BR unit in the Barn style duplex, with 1600 sq ft on two floors with the common living areas, two bedrooms and 1 bath on the second floor, and another bedroom on the third floor. Anticipate completion by end of September 2024.
The units have carpet throughout with vinyl plank flooring in bathrooms and kitchens. The units will have range, microwave, and dishwasher and no refrigerator. All units have only 1 bathroom. There is propane heat, well water, and the units have a shared septic.
The affordable units will be available for sale in pace with the market rate units. The monthly Condominium fee is estimated at $152/month for the 2BR units, which represents a proportional share of the total condominium expenses covering septic and well maintenance, landscaping and snow removal and other maintenance, insurance and contribution to reserve based on the square footage of the unit. The homeowner will also pay monthly real estate taxes.
These affordable units are permitted under a Comprehensive Permit and will be monitored in accordance with Chapter 40B guidelines under the New England Fund (“NEF”) program. Sale prices of NEF units are set so that a household earning 70% of area median income would not expend more than 30% of income for housing. The units will be available to income eligible first-time homebuyers, with some exceptions permitted under the program, as noted in this application.
Please contact the agent below for any questions or to submit your application: