The Sudbury Permanent Building Committee (PBC) is seeking a qualified member to fill a vacancy on the committee. The volunteer position is for a 3-year term, by appointment of the Board of Selectmen.
Residents with Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) and/or Architecture experience/knowledge are encouraged to apply.
The Permanent Building Committee has general supervision over the design and construction of all public buildings, including the authority to employ professional assistance and, subject to specific authorization by the Town, to enter into contracts on behalf of the Town for the preparation of construction plans and specifications and for the construction of buildings and other structures. All such plans and specifications shall be developed in conjunction with and subject to the approval of the appropriate committee, board, or department head concerned. The Committee also acts as the Town’s Designer Selection Committee.
Projects (Past & Present)
- Town Hall Restoration Design (in progress)
- Loring Parsonage (Sudbury History Center) Renovation
- Fire Station 2 Redesign (in progress)
- Police Station Headquarters Design and Construction
- Fairbank Community Center Redesign Study; Previous Sr. Center Addition Design and Construction
- Goodnow Library Renovation and Expansion Design and Construction
- Sudbury Public Schools: Nixon, Noyes, Haynes Renovation/Expansion Design and Construction; Curtis Middle School Design and Construction
- Flynn Building Renovation Design and Construction
- Fire Dept. Headquarters Design and Construction
The committee meets approximately once per month in the evening, with additional meetings scheduled as needed.
To be considered for the committee, please complete and submit the Appointment Application Form: https://sudbury.ma.us/selectmen/?attachment_id=199