Effective today, a new, first of its kind, License/Mass ID Renewal Notification Service is now available to customers. The RMV Reminder Service will notify customers that their licenses/MA IDs are due to be renewed. Customers can join this service free of charge and decide how they want to be notified. They can select one of the following methods:
· Text Message
RMV Reminder Service Details:
· Customers must sign up for the service at least 45 days prior to the expiration of their driver’s license or MA ID.
· Customers will receive an electronic message by the method of their choosing at least 30 days before the expiration date.
· Customers will be informed as to whether they can renew their license or MA ID online, or must visit a branch.
· Customers will also be notified if their license is in non-renew status because of an outstanding parking ticket, or excise bill. This notice will indicate that the issue must be cleared before they can renew. The RMV will continue to send non-renewal letters to license customers.
· The customer’s license must be in good standing at the time renewal notices are sent. A reminder notice will not be sent if a license has been suspended or revoked.
This service is made possible through a partnership with Sendza, a company that provides secure notification services. The reminder notices will be sponsored, which enables the RMV to provide this service free of charge.
The implementation of this service will provide other important benefits including:
· Laying the groundwork for future notification services.
· Providing significant savings in postal costs while still providing renewal notifications.
· Improving customer service and customer relations.
The link to the RMV Reminder Service is available on the RMV Internet homepage www.mass.gov/rmv in the Express Lane.
Please contact Business Support if you have any questions.