Sudbury recognizes it is vulnerable to the impacts of natural hazards and climate change, and will build capacity to be more resilient. The Sudbury Select Board invites all Sudbury community members to a panel discussion about the risks posed by the climate emergency and the various ways the town can address these risks.
Thursday, July 14, 2022
7:00 PM – 9:30 PM
Virtual via Zoom
- Join On-line: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89748253597
- Join by Phone: 978-639-3366 or 470-250-9358
- MeetingID: 897 4825 3597
- What climate risks to Sudbury have you identified through your work? What has your department already done to plan for and address risks?
- What are the benefits that could be gained for residents and their quality of life through additional sustainability measures?
- Moving forward, what steps, processes, and/or resources should the Town utilize to address climate risks and become more sustainable?
Hear from the State and town officials, staff, and other experts on sustainability and climate change. The forum will feature presentations from:
- Massachusetts Senators Mike Barrett and Jamie Eldridge
- State Representative Carmine Gentile
- Alison Field-Juma, OARS Executive Director
- Ken Pruitt, Sustainability Director, Winchester
- Janie Dretler, Vice-Chair, Select Board (Moderator)
- Rami Alwan, Energy and Sustainability Committee
- Lori Capone, Conservation Coordinator
- Adam Duchesneau, AICP, Director of Planning & Community Development
- Sandra Duran, Combined Facilities Director
- Dan Nason, Public Works Director
- Beth Suedmeyer, Environmental Planner
- John Whalen, Fire Chief
CLIMATE EMERGENCY DECLARATION
At 2022 Annual Town Meeting, the Town voted Article 58: Climate Emergency Declaration. Click below to learn more.
- Climate Emergency Declaration Petition – Warrant Report
- Climate Emergency Declaration Presentation – Power Point
- Climate Emergency Declaration Presentation – Video
ASK A QUESTION
Questions for the forum may also be submitted in advance via email. Please send questions to email@example.com prior to Wednesday, July 13, at 5 PM. Please put “2022 Town Forum” in the subject line and include your name and address for the record.
Live Q&A to follow presentation.
The forum will be broadcast live on SudburyTV and will be made available to view On-Demand.
Comcast: Channel 8
Verizon: Channel 31
SudburyTV Live Stream: http://sudbury.vod.castus.tv/vod/index.php/@live:ch1#castusvod_autoplay=1
|Event Start:||Thursday, July 14, 2022 (7:00 pm)|
|Event End:||Thursday, July 14, 2022 (10:30 pm) (Expected)|
|Dial-in:||Dial-in number: 978-639-3366 or 470-250-9358|
|Meeting ID:||897 4825 3597|
|Notes:||Thursday, July 14, 2022 from 7-9:30PM via Zoom|