Where is Sudbury’s Emergency Shelter & What Should I Bring?
The town shelter is located at:
Community Center / Senior Center
40 Fairbanks Rd, Sudbury, MA 01776
What should I bring to the shelter?
- If you want to charge a phone or other electronics please bring your charging cords, if you can safely retrieve them from your home. Some charging cords are available at the shelter, but in limited quantities.
- Prescription medication for you and/or your family members to last for at least 3 days.
- If you or a family member has a special diet / allergies to certain foods, please bring your own food with you. Such as those with a dairy, egg, soy, nut, or gluten allergies. The shelter might not have these special foods available.
- Pack at least one change of clothes for each family member (pants, shirt, underwear, socks,), if you will be staying at the shelter overnight.
- Small toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, lotion).
- One towel for each family member if you might shower at the shelter.
- Small toys, board games, and a few books for entertainment for yourself and your family members.
- If bringing a domestic pet (Livestock & reptiles are not permitted due to regulations), you must bring:
- Current rabies vaccination record (dogs & cats)
- A carrier, leash (dogs), and a cage to keep your pet in at all times.
- Food & pet dishes for your pet for at least 3 days
- Cat litter / hay / bedding for cats & small caged animals (as appropriate)
- Pet bed for your pet to sleep on inside of their cage.
- Toys for your pet (please bring small toys only, 3 maximum per pet).
- All pets will remain together in a pet boarding room away from people(exception for service pets only) and must be in their cages at all time while inside of the shelter. Owners will be required to regularly care for their own pets. Owners can walk their dogs outside on the property, but must be on a leash when walking.
Email this FAQ
Back to Board of Health Nurse