The Sudbury Public Works Department is implementing its 2021 Pavement Management Program. The program will use industry-leading methods to assure the work is completed as efficiently as possible and that the road surface improvements last for many years.
During the process, we aim to produce the least disruption possible to drivers and residents.
UPDATE 7/21/21: Morse Road & Raymond Road Work Scheduling Updated
Morse Road Mill Overlay work scheduled to begin July 19. Raymond Road Micro Surfacing work scheduled to begin August 19. For details, please see 2021 Roadwork Schedule.
UPDATE 5/17/21: ROADWORK START DATE DELAYED
Road Work has been delayed by two days, now scheduled to begin on Wednesday, May 19.
IMPORTANT FOR DRIVERS & RESIDENTS:
- Timeframe: Beginning May 19, 2021 and continuing throughout the spring and summer.
- Morning Work: Roadwork starts at 7:00AM and may continue into the evening hours as needed.
- Night Work: Working at night makes it possible to keep roads open during the day to allow normal traffic flow. However, night work, which is performed between 8:00PM – 3:00AM, may be disruptive at times.
- Driveway Access: There may be times when access to private residential driveways is restricted and you may not be able to pull into your driveway until road work has passed.
- Work Crews: It is crucial that vehicles and pedestrians please follow all signs and observe traffic control crew instructions to avoid damages to the road work as well as your vehicle.
- Emergency Notifications: To receive notifications regarding road work and closures, please sign up at: https://sudbury.ma.us/R911 (Will be issued night prior to paving roadway)
Schedules are subject to change due to unforeseen conditions that are out of the control of the Public Works Department including weather, equipment-related issues and other contractor commitments. Additional work may be added or work limits may be altered as budgets and construction season allows. Thank you for your patience during this process.
CLICK HERE FOR 2021 ROAD WORK SCHEDULE: