The Town of Sudbury Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) is seeking technical assistance in evaluating a housing development application which has been submitted under M.G.L. Chapter 40B. The evaluation of this development by a consultant will focus on review of the financial pro-forma and conditions that allow the project to continue and not make it uneconomic. The application under consideration is a 6.02 acre parcel of land located on Old County Road in Sudbury, Assessors Map K11, Parcels 202 and 022. A development plan for 40 attached condominium units has been submitted to the ZBA, and 3 hearings have been held. The public hearing is currently still open for comments. The full application file may be reviewed in the office of the Town Clerk, 322 Concord Road, Sudbury, MA during normal business hours.
The scope of review will include the following items:
1. Review pro-forma and inform the ZBA on any inaccuracies, clarification needs or necessary supplemental information.
2. Advise the Board on financial issues that relate to the application, including the profitability of the project.
3. Advise the Board on whether the proposed density of the project is necessary to ensure that the project remains economic.
4. Advise the Board on whether potential conditions would render the project uneconomic.
5. Must be able to attend up to three Zoning Board nightly meetings throughout the application hearing process and including the drafting of the decision.
6. Price of contract not to exceed $9,950.00.
7. Summarize findings in a letter report.
The Invitation to Bid must contain all of the following information:
1. A letter of interest on working with the Town of Sudbury on this project.
2. Name of all persons who will work on this project.
3. Educational and professional credentials of each person performing work on this project.
4. The work experience of each person performing work on this project.
5. A description of the work to be performed by each person.
6. The hourly rate charged by each person.
7. Any other expenses expected to be incurred during the course of the contract with the Town of Sudbury.
The successful bidder will possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above services, and will have substantial experience in this field. The ability to effectively work with the applicant and his or her development team is critical. Professional experience in 40B project development analysis is essential and professional experience in construction financing is highly desirable.
The Town of Sudbury reserves the right to reject any and all bids. Award of any contract is subject to a vote by the Zoning Board of Appeals and is contingent upon payment of a review fee by the applicant. This notice will be posted in the office of the Town Clerk and a notice of this Invitation for Bids will be advertised in the Sudbury Town Crier at least 2 weeks prior to the deadline for submittal.
Project proposals must be submitted by 12:00 pm on Friday, October 14, 2005. Send all correspondence to:
Jody Kablack, Town Planner
278 Old Sudbury Road
Sudbury, MA 01776
978-443-2209, ext. 1387
Jon Gossels, Chairman
Zoning Board of Appeals