WHAT’S IN YOUR ORNAMENT?
Tell us What’s in Your Ornament! Click here to upload photos and provide a description of your ornament. Your responses will be a digital catalog for the 2020 Ornament Time Capsule. Some may even show up on the Town’s Twitter or Facebook page. All images and text provided will become public record, so please don’t share anything private.
WHERE TO RETURN YOUR ORNAMENT
Ornament sign up is now CLOSED. Thank you to everyone who signed up, we can’t wait to see your decorated ornaments! Be sure to return decorated ornaments by 5PM on Friday, 12/4/20 to the Sudbury Police Department entryway drop box (75 Hudson Rd) so that they are included in the display.
This year, as an alternative to an in-person gathering, we are proud to introduce the Town Center Ornament Display. Sudbury residents are invited to decorate an ornament which will be hung on the tree in Town Center! The ornaments will serve as Sudbury’s 2020 Time Capsule. Participation is limited to the first 500 households to sign up – so register today!
Due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, the community Tree Lighting event has unfortunately been cancelled this year. However, the tree and menorah in Town Center will be lit up for the holidays, and the Ornament Display will help brighten the tree.
Show your creativity and enjoy some holiday cheer! Sign up for an ornament today!
Participants must register for a fillable ornament (see image below). Ornaments will serve as Sudbury’s 2020 Time Capsule. Share your memories from the past year and show your creativity! Please note, all ornaments become property of Town of Sudbury once submitted.
How do I participate?
To decorate an ornament, Sudbury residents must first register for an ornament pickup date, pick up your ornament kit at the Goodnow Library on the chosen date and time, decorate the ornament (this is the fun part!), and then bring it to Sudbury Police HQ for drop-off. That’s it! The ornaments will be hung on the Town Center tree on the week of December 7, 2020. Enjoy them each time you drive by Town Center and stop by the tree to see if you can find yours!
- SIGN UP here by selecting a pickup date and time, then entering your info. 500 ornaments available. Limit one per household.
- Sign up by Monday, November 23
- PICK UP your ornament kit at the Goodnow Library (21 Concord Rd)
- Pick up by Tuesday, November 24
- DECORATE your ornament! Click here for instructions (these will be included with the ornament kit from the library).
- DROP OFF at Sudbury Police Department (75 Hudson Rd) – Drop box is in the entry vestibule – no need to enter the lobby.
- Drop off by Friday, December 4. Ornaments not returned by this date cannot be included in the display.
- ENJOY THE VIEW at Town Center. The tree will be decorated with the ornaments during the week of December 7 and remain on view through mid-January. You’ll see the display as you drive through Town Center or stop by the tree for a closer look. Visitors are reminded to maintain social distancing and wear a face covering during in-person visits.
When the ornaments are taken down in mid-January, they will be boxed up to serve as Sudbury’s 2020 Time Capsule.
Is there a cost?
Participation is FREE and open to all Sudbury residents. However, only the first 500 households to sign up will be eligible. Limit one ornament per household.
When will I get to see the Ornaments on display?
Ornaments must be returned by Friday, December 4 to be included in the display. Ornaments will be hung on the week of December 7. Please note, the tree and menorah in Town Center will be lit up during the week of November 30, prior to the ornaments being installed.
Thank you to our amazing Goodnow Library staff and volunteers for coordinating ornament pickup and assembling all 500 kits! Thank you to the Facilities and Fire Departments for installing the holiday lights and ornaments. Thank you to the Police Department for collecting the ornaments until they are ready for installation. And thank you, Sudbury, for taking part, sharing your good cheer and helping preserve a little history this holiday season!