The Board of Selectmen is seeking volunteers to assist in a multi-year study of the Melone gravel pit property on Route 117 for conversion of the property into rental housing which significantly counts towards the TownΓÇÖs 10% affordable housing requirement and to enhance opportunities for recreational and other uses. The Melone Property Redevelopment Advisory Committee will make recommendations to the Board of Selectmen, and its major tasks will include:
- Developing a Request for Proposals for a consulting team to direct the study
- Review RFPs and make a recommendation to the Board of Selectmen on the preferred consultant;
- Provide guidance and feedback to the consultant during the study period;
- Conduct a public process in partnership with the consultant to involve residents and boards in deciding the best use or uses for the property, including multiple/complementary uses;
- Prepare a Request for Proposals and make recommendations to the Board of Selectmen on the selection of a developer for disposition of the land; and
- Provide support for any required board, committee or Town Meeting votes on the project through construction of the project.
The Melone Property Redevelopment Advisory Committee will be composed of Town board and commission representatives, as well as at-large members. The final number of members has not yet been determined. Town staff, including the Conservation Coordinator, Town Planner, Board of Health Director, Director of Public Works and the Park and Recreation Director shall serve as liaisons and resources to the Committee, subject to the discretion of the Town Manager.
To learn more about this property and the Town’s efforts, Click the following link. https://sudbury.ma.us/pcd/2014/04/09/melone-gravel-pit-property-reuse-planning
Event DetailsStart: Tuesday, July 11th, 2000 at 6:30 PM
End: Tuesday, July 11th, 2000 at 8:30 PM
Location: Flynn Building