In accordance with the provisions of M.G.L. Chapter 40A, Section 5, the Sudbury Planning Board will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 8:45 p.m. at Town Hall, 322 Concord Road, Sudbury, Massachusetts concerning the following amendments to the Town of Sudbury Zoning Bylaw which have been submitted for the April 5, 2010 Annual Town Meeting. Copies of the complete articles can be viewed in the Planning and Community Development office during normal business hours, or can be downloaded from the Town∩┐╜s website by clicking the links below.
1. Amend Article IX (the Zoning Bylaw), Section 4300, Amendments to Wireless Overlay District Bylaw, to include the following additional parcels in the overlay district, and to make minor adjustments to sections 4334, 4345 and 4371 of the bylaw. This article is submitted by the Planning Board.
- Lincoln Sudbury Regional High School, Assessor’s Map No. F11, Parcel 0014 (on or directly adjacent to recreation fields and areas only)
- Town of Sudbury Land located behind Ti-Sales, Assessor’s Map No. G09, Parcel 0200
- Sudbury Water District land off East Street, West Street, Center Street and Hollow Oak Drive, Assessor’s Map No. Map H07, Parcel 240; Map H06, Parcel 0800; and Map G06, Parcel 0001
2. Proposed Minor Zoning Amendments to Article IX, the Zoning Bylaw, including:
- Section 2230 (Table of Principal Use Regulations) by adding “and assisted care facility” to use #C.6; and amending footnote (ii)(2) in that section by reducing the front yard setback requirement for such uses from 150 feet to 50 feet. This article is submitted by the Planning Board.
- Section 2210 by inserting the word “residential” in the third sentence so that sentence reads as follows: ” Not more than one principal structure shall be placed on a residential lot, except in accordance with sections 2300 (Accessory Uses and Structures), 5300 (SRC) and 5400 (ISD).” This article is submitted by the Planning Board.
- Section 2324 by adding the words “or other structures” so that section reads as follows: “The temporary use of trailers or other structures for storage or office purposes is allowed where they conform to the procedural regulations adopted by the Board of Selectmen.” This article is submitted by the Planning Board.
- Section 7000, definition of “Structure” by deleting the word “fences” from that definition so that it reads as follows: “Structure: A combination of materials assembled to give support or shelter, such as buildings, towers, masts, sheds, roofed storage areas, mechanical equipment, swimming pools, signs; but not including septic tanks and septic systems, and accessory facilities associated with the provision of utilities such as drains, wells, transformers and telephone poles.” This article is submitted by the Planning Board.
- Sections 4130 and 4143 to change the date of the “National Flood Insurance Program FIRM Flood Insurance Rate Map” and the “Flood Boundary and Floodway Map for the Town of Sudbury Community No. 250217” from November 20, 1998 to June 4, 2010 wherever such date occurs in those sections. This article is submitted by the Planning Board.
3. To see if the Town will vote to amend the Town of Sudbury Bylaws by adding thereto a new article entitled Illicit Discharge and Connection which seeks to regulate illegal connections and discharges to the municipal storm drain system in order to protect Sudbury’s water bodies and groundwater, and to safeguard public health, safety, welfare and the environment. This article is submitted by the Planning Board.