Having Difficult Conversations
- Tips for Responding to Everyday Bigotry – A guide for having conversations about bigotry with family, friends, neighbors, at work, at school, and in public
- Resources for Conversations about Racism in the Workplace
- Sudbury CARES (Community Anti-Racist Education Series) – Collaboration between the GoodNow library and other community members.
- Wayside Equity Training Center – Helping organizations beginning or advancing their Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) work.
- Panel Discussion: I’m Not A Racist…Am I?
- Video: Tips for Being an Ally
- Racial Climate Task Force at Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School – View the goals and school committee presentations of the racial climate task force.
- METCO Program – A program to increase diversity and reduce racial isolation by enrolling Boston students in public schools in other communities, like Sudbury.
- Association for Size Diversity and Health (ASDAH) – Learn the Health at Every Size® principles.
- Health at Every Size Fact Sheets – A library of fact sheets on how to approach different medical diagnoses from a Health at Every Size® (rather than weight-loss centric) perspective.
- National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance (NAAFA) – Educational resources, events, monthly newsletter, and advocacy for equality at every size.
- Guidelines for Professionals and Institutions – Find guidelines on interacting with higher weight patients, clients, and employees. For healthcare providers, fitness professionals, nutritionists, therapists, employers, and higher education settings.
Tools and Tips
- NAAFA Child Advocacy Toolkit – Understand how to improve the health of children without doing harm and how to design programs and approaches that will improve the total health of all children.
- Coming soon – Professional listings for Health at Every Size providers on the ASDAH website.
- Travel Tips for People of Size – This brochure lays out a few tips that can make your travel experience a little easier.
Health At Every Size® and HAES® are registered trademarks of the Association for Size Diversity and Health and used with permission.