The Absentee Ballot Application is for use by:
A registered voter who will be unable to vote at the polls on Election Day due to:
- absence from your city or town during normal polling hours; or
- physical disability preventing you from going to the polling place; or
- religious belief;
A non-registered voter who is:
- a Massachusetts citizen absent from the state; or
- an active member of the armed forces or merchant marines, their spouse or dependent; or
- a person confined in a correctional facility or a jail, except if by reason of felony conviction.
Click Here for the Absentee Ballot Application for a Voter or a Family Member
Click Here for the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) for citizens residing overseas
Because the State legislature did not pass an extension to the temporary state laws that allowed no-excuse voting by mail in 2020 and 2021, Absentee Ballots are currently the only option to vote by mail.
This is SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Voters to be notified if Early Voting is reinstated.
Submit An Absentee Ballot Application
Applications are also available at the Town Clerk’s Office. Completed, signed applications should be either mailed, scanned and sent by email or faxed to the Town Clerk’s Office before the deadline for the scheduled election. Please contact the Town Clerk for more information.
322 Concord Road, Sudbury MA 01776
Submit An Absentee Ballot
All absentee ballots returned by mail or hand delivered to the Town Clerk’s Office must be received before the polls close on Election Day. Absentee Ballots cannot be accepted at the polling locations on Election Day.
HOW TO FILL OUT YOUR ABSENTEE BALLOT
- Fill out ballot with a blue or black pen (do not use red ink)
- Place in yellow affidavit envelope and seal and sign envelope (Your ballot will not be accepted if the envelope is not signed)
- Place in white return envelope, seal and mail or drop off in ballot drop box. Remember-If you are planning to mail back the ballot you will need two stamps.
Track Application & Ballot Status
You can check the status of your Absentee application or ballot at TRACK MY BALLOT.
If you are not yet a registered voter in Sudbury, click here for Voter Registration Information.