COVID-19 is a rapidly evolving situation. We are doing our best to keep this site up-to-date. Please visit organizations’ websites for additional information. Websites are the best place to start due to significant increases in call and email volume.
The Mother’s Day Walk for Peace is on Sunday, May 9th, 2021. While it’s happening virtually in Boston this year, it’s happening in-person in Sudbury. This is the 25th Annual Mother’s Day Walk for Peace and the 10th year that St Elizabeth’s Church has been involved. Can you walk with us? Can you donate? Signup for either here. Any questions, [email protected].
- Neighbor Brigade: On-boarding volunteers to deliver groceries and other needed items. Scroll down on website and click on “Volunteer” icon
- Sudbury Senior Center:
- Currently in need of volunteers to deliver groceries, Please email Janet Lipkin, Volunteer Coordinator, at [email protected]
- New Volunteer Service – Phone Buddies: The Senior Center is looking for volunteers to make weekly calls to seniors. Volunteers will call once a week for friendship and conversation. Please contact the Senior Center at [email protected] or 978-443-3055 and leave a message with your name, phone number and email address, if possible. All Senior Center volunteers are interviewed and complete the required paperwork, including a Massachusetts CORI Criminal background check.
- Rescuing Leftover Cuisine: Businesses can donate food to reduce waste. Additionally, they are looking for volunteers to pick up food and also for human service agencies in need of food.
- Connect with your clergy for other opportunities.
- Gift cards: The Sudbury Board of Health Social Work Office is working with HOPEsudbury to collect and donate gift cards to those without other access to resources.
- Gift cards for places that deliver (grocery, pharmacy, large box stores, online retailers, restaurants) and debit gift cards to help pay bills are most helpful
- Mail or drop off gift cards to: Melissa Perla, 35 Shadow Oak Drive Sudbury, MA 01776.
- If dropping off cards, please email Melissa with expected drop off time at: [email protected]
- HOPEsudbury: Provides emergency financial support by directly paying bills for those in need in Sudbury.
- St. Vincent de Paul: Provides emergency financial support by directly paying bills for those in need. They also connect residents with concrete goods and resources when they are able.
- Donate via check: Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Our Lady of Conference, 160 Concord Road, Sudbury, MA 01776
- Gifts of Hope Unlimited: Assists those impacted by domestic violence by directly paying bills and helping with gift cards and other supports. Domestic violence concerns are on the rise during this crisis.
- Domestic Violence Services Network (DVSN): Provides resources, safety planning and support filing restraining orders for those impacted by domestic violence. Domestic violence concerns are on the rise during this crisis.
- Slices of Hope: Scroll down on the main page to make a donation to provide free pizza’s to Sudbury families impacted by the pandemic.
- The American Red Cross is facing a severe blood shortage and has a list of donation sites.
- To schedule a new blood drive: contact Bill Forsyth at (617) 699-3808 or email [email protected].
Person Protective Equipment (PPE)
- The Board of Health Social Work Office is partnering with the Lincoln Sudbury Mutual Aid Group to collect, package and distribute face masks to people in need in the community. If you would like to donate handmade or store-bought masks, please email: [email protected]
Gifts of Hope Unlimited: Assists those impacted by providing needed items and financial support (see above for financial support)
Be Prepared to Understand Mental Health Needs:
- National Institute of Mental Health: How everyone in the Community Can Help Prevent Suicide
- LivingWorks Start: Online Suicide Prevention Training for Community Members 18+
- QPR: Suicide Prevention Training for Community Members 18+
Beware of scams: When looking up additional opportunities, be sure to research and be thoughtful before donating goods or money to ensure legitimacy.