Full FAQ Details

How do I know if I need a wetlands permit?


Wetlands permits are required for all work within 100′ of a wetland resource area and within 200′ of all perennial streams. Wetlands are dynamic so the extent of wetlands change over time. As a result, the best course of action to determine if your work is within jurisdictional areas, is to begin by contacting the Conservation Commission.

Wetland maps from 1971 available in the Town Engineering office are not 100% accurate and cannot be relied on for permitting, although they can be used for general wetland information.

Email this Article
Back to Conservation Commission

Subscribe Subscribe to Email Lists