Town of Sudbury
Office Supervisor, Goodnow Library
The Goodnow Library, located in Sudbury, MA is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, tech savvy individual to run its busy Business Office. The ideal candidate has a natural ability to roll with the punches, being flexible to handle anything that might come their way. You’ll be a strong and reliable support to library wide operations and keep things running smoothly. You will have plenty of room to be creative and management is always open to new ideas. You’ll be comfortable managing all aspects of your job both in person and remotely as necessitated by current pandemic protocols.
The schedule is 30 hours per week. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Processes complex bi-weekly payroll for 30 staff members, including irregular weekend hours, substitute shifts, and any changes due to payroll authorizations.
- Processes invoices using MUNIS® financial software covering operating expenses, state aid, and gift accounts.
- Prepares and submits bills bi-weekly according to warrant schedule.
- Maintains vendor files; obtains W-9 forms, including speakers and performers, as needed.
- Provides operating budget figures to the Director and Trustees monthly for analysis.
- Prepares deposits for the Finance Department of fines, payments for lost materials, and meeting rooms.
- Assists the Director in the preparation of the budget. Works closely with the Director in obtaining, compiling, and analyzing comparative salary data and other personnel related data.
- Works closely with the Director on end-of-year budget projections in areas other than payroll.
- Works closely with Director to prepare bids for cleaning service, copier leasing, and other contracts.
- Assembles detailed financial information for inclusion in yearly state reports required as a condition of state aid.
- Assists other library departments with a variety of administrative duties such as preparing reports, maintaining records.
- Maintains personnel records for all employees. Serves as the primary staff contact for questions and concerns relating to benefits and personnel matters in the library.
- Maintains spreadsheets and organized filing system for all expenditures.
- Oversees ordering of supplies. Maintains adequate inventory.
- Delivers outgoing mail to Town Hall, delivers interdepartmental mail appropriately and brings items from Town Hall back to the library, directing them appropriately.
- Oversees the Library’s Volunteer applications and placement. Assists in preparations for the library’s annual Volunteer Luncheon.
- Assists the Director and other supervisors in the evaluation of administrative procedures and planning and implementing approved changes. Part of Library leadership team. Attends all meetings.
- Prepares documents for monthly Trustees meetings, and attends and takes minutes for the meetings.
- Up to three years of experience in office management involving accounting, invoice payment, personnel records, and payroll preparation; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Familiarity with public library systems and town government.
- Thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping and financial record keeping.
- Working knowledge of accounts maintenance practices and computer programs used in the work of the office.
- Thorough knowledge of automated vendor systems for ordering.
- Ability to maintain detailed records and to prepare reports from same.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints to meet deadlines, and to multi-task.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff members and within established guidelines.
- Ability to utilize a wide variety of computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, statistical, financial and databases.
- Ability to perform duties independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of all ages in a courteous, friendly manner.
- Ability to compile and maintain comprehensive and accurate detailed budget accounts and financial, personnel, and clerical records.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills relevant to automated public library operations.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Expertise and skill in utilizing personal computers, popular word processing, database, statistical, financial and spreadsheet applications.
Salary: Starting at $26.16/hr.
Resumes accepted until January 29, 2021. AA/EOE
Please submit cover letter and resume to Esmé Green by email to: [email protected]